Project Coordinator Consultant
Lebanon | Consultancy (8 days per month) (9 months)
I. Position Summary
The incumbent will support Malala Fund in Lebanon to achieve the following objectives:
- Expand Malala Fund outreach, influencing agenda and strengthened positioning in-country to build credibility, and serve as convener and catalyst for Girls' rights to education and protection in crisis around the 4Rs Framework.
- Tailor Multi-track responsive & demand driven feminist/ financing mechanisms that address impediments to girls safe and quality education in crisis and invests in girls' leadership; furnish immediate response objectives with medium-long term recovery schemes i.e. symbiosis between SDGs on poverty eradication & girls rights' to Education and Gender justice — with leadership, livelihoods, protection and peace building; coupled with advocacy and movement building.
- Generate Evidence and strong influencing and policy engagement around education and promote an equitable agenda that centers girls’ rights and underscores vulnerable groups' needs and girls’ priorities central to any restructuring and reform programme in Lebanon.
Remuneration: USD 200 daily
To provide support to our Lebanon Country Programme - Grants Portfolio, Communications, Operations and advocacy work, that should cover:
- Support programme and partners activities such as launch events, and follow-up on programmatic work and administrative details with multiple parties.
- Support all country programme processes, including organising meetings, preparing schedules, collating information from the processes, preparing internal & system reports, and follow-ups as appropriate.
- Support grantees and other partners project and knowledge management products and deliverables and work on data synthesis including collecting,collating of results, developing visuals to present the results.
- Prepare materials for internal and external meetings and events.
- Closely work with the team to assist the preparations and implementation of the program activities and advocacy work.
- Assist with the writing and editing content, including reports, newsletters, event announcements, web content, digital content, and other targeted communications.
- English and Arabic editing, translation and formatting reports.
- Conduct background research and literature reviews.
- Analysing field data and preparing reports, briefs, and prepare variety of inputs to multiple- purposes as guided, including briefs and communications pieces developed to increase the visibility and credibility of the Malala Fund in Lebanon.
- Provide basic design and editing support of various communications products such as leaflets, brochures, fact sheets etc.
- Provide support to any other functions requested by the In-Country representative (e.g. support in organizing events, workshops, field trips, etc.)
II. Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours
- A University degree in Social sciences, communication, psychology, education, international development, gender studies or related fields Experience in research, and results reporting
- Experience in programme development and project management of 3+ years
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An advanced University degree.
- Experience in data analysis, and data collating.
- Experience in Education programming or education in crisis
- Experience of working in both humanitarian and development context including working with an International organisation.
- Knowledge of French
Malala Fund is committed to racial equity and social justice. We actively seek applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities, to provide a wide range of perspectives, ideas, views and insights into the strategy, policies, culture and ambitions of Malala Fund. We would particularly welcome intern applications from candidates who have lived in countries in which Malala Fund is operating.
III. About Malala Fund
Registered as a public charity in the U.K. and U.S., Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn and lead. With more than 130 million girls out of school today, we're breaking down barriers that hold girls back.
Malala Fund advocates for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in local education leaders and front-line organisations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We give girls the tools they need to advocate for education and equality in their communities and a platform for the world to hear their voices. We believe girls should speak for themselves and tell leaders what they need to learn and achieve their potential.
IV. How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, July 18, 2022.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive when a position is posted, we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process. Malala Fund is committed to safeguarding children and employment with our team is conditional upon successfully completing a background check.