Washington D.C. Summer Internship (Paid)
Washington, D.C. | 24 hours per week
About Malala Fund
Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organizations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Malala Fund interns help to coordinate communications with students, donors and other supporters. Other duties include research, administrative support for various departments and event and traveling planning. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Responding to public inquiries about Malala Fund’s work.
- Helping to prepare materials for internal and external meetings and events.
- Assisting in research on potential vendors and event participants.
- Providing general support to Programs, Communications, Fundraising and Operations staff as needed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to Malala Fund's mission and be adaptable, flexible and capable of producing high-quality work both independently and in teams. This is a paid internship ($15.00/hour) based in Washington, D.C.
- A commitment to Malala Fund’s mission to empower girls through education.
- Collaborative, self-motivated and driven to meet and exceed goals.
- High ethical standards and a professional presence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Legally authorised to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a 2-3-page writing sample by filling out the form on the right of this page by March 22nd. Applicants are welcome to submit an existing writing sample from school, a past internship, a personal blog, etc. You may email email@example.com if you have any questions.