Washington, D.C. | Full Time
Malala Fund is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated Executive Assistant to provide extensive support to its new Washington-D.C. based CEO. Key responsibilities will include overseeing the CEO’s day-to-day and trip schedules, assisting with communications and outreach, assisting in board meeting scheduling and preparations, preparing expense reports and corresponding with internal and external parties. The Executive Assistant will serve as an essential liaison between the executive office, Malala Fund’s senior leadership team and external parties. They will be expected to work, at times, with limited direction from the CEO, and as such must execute significant discretion and judgment in all aspects of their role.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, time and priority management experience and strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Plans and coordinates scheduling for Malala Fund’s CEO and performs administrative functions as necessary to best facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO and determines appropriate courses of action, referral or response.
- Reviews and edits CEO materials including talking points.
- Drafts emails, letters and other correspondence as needed, ensuring proactive follow-up.
- Coordinates and project manages work between departments and the CEO, particularly around campaigns and special initiatives.
- Liaises with board member offices to schedule and prepare for board meetings and board committee meetings, providing logistical support leading up to these engagements.
- Prepares the CEO’s expense reports and assists the CEO in processing expense reimbursement approvals and other requests from direct reports.
- Compiles and helps prepare pre-read documents, briefing notes and trip books to ensure the CEO is well prepared for all meetings and events; staffs the CEO during media events and meetings as necessary.
- Assists in the planning of meetings and events including key advocacy moments, fundraising opportunities involving Malala Fund’s co-founders, board meetings and staff retreats.
- Takes notes and tracks action items and prioritizes conflicting needs to follow projects through to successful completion.
- Assists in building and maintaining contact lists.
- Helps to draft, inform and track the Executive Office’s annual budget and other project budgets as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks while utilizing superior organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience managing communications for high-level political, business and/or non-profit officials, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- A versatile workstyle, with an acute ability to proactively identify gaps and anticipate needs.
- Willingness to introduce simplicity where existing systems are unnecessarily complicated.
- Tech-forward in both thought and organization style, with a desire to bring high-level performance to the Executive Office
- Desire to enter into a candid, trusting and feedback-driven relationship with a CEO
- Experience handling sensitive information with the highest level of discretion.
- Experience managing complicated domestic and international logistics – ideally with experience securing travel visas.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with knowledge of the AP style.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently and with impeccable judgment, taking ownership of a wide range of responsibilities.
- Availability to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Google Apps.
- Strong commitment to Malala Fund’s mission, purpose and values.
- A demonstrated commitment to gender and racial equality.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the form on the right of this page by November 30, 2019. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive when a position is posted, we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process.
Malala Fund is committed to safeguarding children and employment with our team is conditional upon successfully completing a background check.
About Malala Fund
Registered as a public charity in the U.K. and U.S., Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organisations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.